June 5, 2016

KELLY PURKEY MAY REVEAL


I received Kelly Purkey's newest stamp kit and sets just before the weekend, so safe to say, I managed to go all out on the weekend playing with them. There were four new stamps released, including two new kits.


I've been having a slightly hard time incorporating the KP stamps into my 2016 Project Life lately (because truth be told, I've been slacking when it comes to printing them), so I figured that it was time I did that thing I said I was meant to do months ago: combine my scrapbooking + Bullet Journaling into one. Best decision ever. Don't know why it took me this long to do so, truth be told. And because I haven't do one of this in a while, here's a mini tutorial on how I put together a super simple scrapbook page using everything from the Kelly Purkey kit and 'In Bloom' stamp set:


It's autumn winter here in the southern hemisphere, so although the Spring themed stamp set didn't quite match, I used it either way. The journaling cards were from the He Says, She Says kit. Basically and literally everything used was from Kelly Purkey.

Once I got my photo printed, I tore a strip from the orange journaling card, slapped it on the blue and my background was done.


Next went the 'In Bloom' stamp with the help of a Posca Black marker to colour in:


The last bits were adding 'grass' on the bottom, and a brown stem for that autumn feel:


I'm all for keeping things simple for my layouts, so I'm more than fine with keeping it as is. It's ok to have great white spaces sometimes to let the eyes rest. Not to mention, it keeps the bulk down!

Hope this gives you some ideas on how to use your Kelly Purkey stamps and kit! Click here to get yours now before they run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment