February 6, 2015

Kikki K 'Life is Sweet' Dark Mint Planner Review!

Ok, I'm particularly excited about this one. Kikki K recently stocked their new collection called 'Life is Sweet' online (and in some stores!), and because I have itchy hands and loved the pictures they had on this planner, I decided to purchase it the morning it was released. And being in Australia, and particularly in Melbourne, where their warehouse is located, I'm probably one of the first few to get my hands on it. And I can tell you, it is divine in so many ways (and definitely worth much more than the A5 Stockholm!)

So here it is:

Kikki K Medium / Personal Dark Mint Planner!

Back

Inside:

Inside

30 mm rings!
Polka dot dividers with separate tabs!
Back - notepad
All moved in - with next week's inserts!

Overall, there are a few things I love about this planner:
1- The colour - unlike the previous mint they had, like the textured mint they brought out recently, this mint isn't as bright. It's more towards a pastel blue, and easy on the eyes. I must admit, the hexagonal gold might take a little getting used to, but I guess it works. The inside is also a nice shade of dark blue and light blue dots. Overall, great colour combination.
2- The rings - guess how big they are! 30mm! Yes, 30mm. They included some chunky as rings in this one to hold their big stack of note paper that came along with it. Now I know not everyone might like this as it does add to the bulkiness of things, but now you can store a whole lot more. I for one, think it's a good change as there are rarely any 30mm personal sized binders out in the market that look this good.
3- The dividers - they're decorated with yummy little polka dots! Unlike the previous where it's just a plain shade of colour, their dividers are absolutely beautiful, and so is the colour combination. Not to mention, unlike previous dividers where the tabs 'continue' on to the next, the divider tabs provided in this Dark Mint planner are separated. I know it's not a big deal, but I've always preferred the separated tabs.
4- The clasp - I'm so glad they decided to go for a clasp model rather than an elastic. I very much prefer the button closure as it makes the planner look... neat.

And if anyone was interested, here's a little comparison of the Kikki K planner with a pink Filofax Personal size Finsbury:

Top: Kikki K Dark Mint Medium Planner
Bottom: Filofax Pink Personal Finsbury

So if you're thinking about purchasing one, I suggest you do! It is absolutely lovely and I can actually see this model running out faster than any of their previous ones! Also, since it's above $60, use the code DIARYLOVEFEB to get $10 off! Hurray!

Enjoy, my lovelies!

PS. I'm selling two brand new Kikki K Gold Pocket Planners for US$45 each shipped worldwide. They both won't come with inserts. First come, first served! Email me or use my contact form to get in touch with me for more pictures if interested :)

21 comments:

  1. I like the color, inside and out, but I just don't think I could manage with the honeycomb pattern on it. But it isn't really mint any more, it's blue, and there's enough blue in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess everyone's different, but I reckon you get accustomed to it and it doesn't quite bother me seeing the insides are just so pretty!

      Delete
  2. I agree. The honeycomb stresses out my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, I guess everyone has a different opinion to it!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they finally released a personal sized with a clasp closure! The not-so-minty colour is quite pretty and so is the gold honeycomb design. I also like the navy blue lining on the inside. I can see why you like it. And 30mm rings! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this stay flat? I'm considering getting it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have any Kikki K Leather Planners, this will be the same. It lays flat in the way where it won't snap back at you and you're wrestling to keep it open (like the Finsbury). It lays 3/4 flat; if there isn't any weight on the front cover, it won't open entirely flat. However, if you stretch the cover back a little bit, it will get there. It's not stiff so after a while of use, I'm sure it'll lay flat as a bat :)

      Delete
    2. I don't have any kikki k planners, so that's why I'm asking. xD Thanks for letting me know. I forgot that new leather can be stiff, so it make sense that it will relax with more use. Thanks for the review. I really like how it looks.

      Delete
  6. Its inside is so pretty. I also don't like the honeycombs, but big rings and beautiful dividers make a good point. I love polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Thank you for the code reminder Nadia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi !
    Thank you so much for this review :)

    I am currently SO in love with kikki k planners that I am dreaming of getting one soon .. But as I don't have much money this will be such in investment so I hope that I will choose the right one for me (especially for the color since I don't know if I prefer the dark mint one or the lilac one ahah).
    So thank you so so so much for the code of $10 off, this will help me !! Do you know how long it is valid ?

    In my opinion the honeycomb pattern is lovely ! And I would like to buy the large one, so the pattern would nicely be on the edge of the planner.

    Once again thank you for this nice review :)
    Sorry if I made any mistake I am french :)

    Bye !
    Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there :)
    Just coming back to say I ordered the large dark mint planner yesterday !
    Thanks again for the code.
    Fingers crossed it will made its way to me asap !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I m waiting the mine...

    Thanx for review

    ReplyDelete
  11. I waiting the same... It's long.
    Thanks for showing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any advice on how to choose between a medium and a large? I love the all-over honeycomb pattern on the medium but I love the large one as well (does anyone know if the honeycomb pattern on the spine of the large extends to the whole back cover or is it just the spine strip?)

    I am a scrapbooker and Project Lifer too so I'm excited to start using up some of my stash on the planner. But I'm really torn on sizes. The medium looks like it would fit better in my purse but the large would leave more room for fun decorating.... Ughhh what to do?!

    Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene :)

      For the Kikki K dark mint, I understand that some people don't like the all-over honeycomb design, but I don't really mind it. I have the large dark mint as well and the minimalist design on the side is nice as well. The pattern doesn't extend to the back cover. So apart from the design, it all comes down to their usage. And dont worry, we've all been through that phase of not knowing which size to use. I currently use the medium / personal dark mint kikki K for 'real' planning, ie. I keep my monthly and weekly inserts in it for daily to dos and documenting any due dates for uni, and sections such as expenses, and general notes for myself and my bf in it. For decoration, to be honest, I tend to keep it minimal in my weekly section in my personal planner, because I have a lot of things to do in my day. If I were to put too much decorations in it, it would hinder the use of the planner. Maybe it would be different for a larger planner, but that also means carrying it around will be a pain (unless you plan to keep it at home, of course). Dont forget, making scrapbook pages in your planner also makes it thicker than necessary if you plan to use layered embellishments. I know mine will be too thick to handle. So really, I guess the size to use really comes down to their usage. Putting decoration aside, you have to think of what suits you best daily. If youre thinking of carrying it in your purse, a medium would definitely be a better option. I used to want to fit everything in one planner, (and i mean, scrapbooking, planning, art works etc), but I found that it can never really work for me as it'll just be too fat to carry. So now I've separated them out to have my A5 for uni notes, my personal for planning and little notes and my Midori Traveler's Notebook for scrapbooking and art work. But yeh, I hope this somewhat helped in your decision! Good luck! :)

      Delete
  13. Hi
    do u still have the planner for sale. I'm very interested.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry, this planner is not for sale. I might sell it in the future, but not currently.

      Delete
  14. Hi,

    I was just wondering if you are selling this gorgeous planner now :) been looking for it everywhere.

    thanks!
    flori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      As stated on the side of my blog:
      "I've had many people commenting on my blog about certain planners I've reviewed that they would like to buy from me. Unless I clearly state that it is for sale, it either ISN'T for sale, or it's ALREADY BEEN SOLD."

      In the case of this planner, it's already been sold.
      Thanks.

      Delete