September 25, 2014

Filofax Personal Teal Finchley Review!

Oh I have dreamt of this day! I actually cannot believe I am now a proud owner of a teal Finchley! And I love that I wasn't even looking for it when I found it! I will be forever grateful for the beautiful lady who sold this unicorn to me on Facebook's Planner Swap/Sell group.

And it's funny, I was always hoping that I could trade my Mustard Finchley for a Teal and though I didn't get to, I managed to sell my Mustard the same night I bought my Teal! So technically, it was kinda like a trade... just with different people. Haha! And I'm actually so glad I managed to get this Teal in a really (almost new) condition! It was in excellent condition with no marks, dents, smell etc! Oh, the odds were definitely in my favour that night! But enough with my gushing, lets get to the pictures:






As with any other Finchley, this was just absolute beautiful to the touch. It was soft and squishy and the colour was definitely divine. And if I may say so myself, this Finchley is actually nicer than the Aqua Malden I received in terms of texture and colour!

Now to the insides:





I must admit, I was a little skeptical buying this at first. After my not-so-pleasing first second-hand purchase of my Malden Aqua on a Facebook swap/sell group, I was expecting the Finchley to be of somewhat similar condition. But when I picked this baby up from the post office, tore the packaging open on the train, held my breath and opened the lid, I was blown away by how perfect the condition of the Finchley was. It was practically brand new with no marks / dents / imperfections in sight. It even still had that beautiful leather smell! It's safe to say, this Finchley ticked all the right boxes for me.

To say I love it would be an understatement, because I really truly do! At the time of writing this post, I had already moved all my contents from my Malden into my new Finchley and I think the one thing I will miss with the Malden are the back pockets. Admittedly, I don't quite use the pockets much, so I'm not too fussed about it, but in terms of familiarity, I much prefer Malden's pockets. But either way, I'm still (very) happy with this change, and I'll probably be over it by the time you've finished reading this sentence.

Lastly, here are some comparison pictures just for the sake of completeness:

My battered Malden and my perfect new Teal Finchley
Teal Finchley and Bright Purple Saffiano
My Lamy Pen matches!

8 comments:

  1. Love love love that color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! But is this a Teal? I think this is a soft jade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's the Teal. Soft Jades are more green.

      Delete
  3. Lovely!
    I'm not a fan of the Finchley's pockets, I find it incredibly difficult to take things out of those vertical slots (and definitely not esthetically pleasing to have things stick out from that angle) but the colour is great and I love the thinner strip and the beautiful stitching! Great purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie!

      Thanks! I'm assuming you have a collection of Finchley of your own? I don't really mind the Finchley pockets, I guess. Of course they could be set out better but for someone who doesn't utilise it too much, I'm not all that fussed :)

      Delete
  4. If you ever think of selling please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting my pocket Finchley in Teal today! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting my pocket Finchley in Teal today! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete