August 24, 2014

To Pocket or not to Pocket?

I've been pretty content with my Personal and A5 planner collections for a while, and haven't owned a pocket sized planner in quite a while. Eversince the planner craze hit me like an oncoming train, I have only ever owned 2 pocket sized planners (black Malden and Red Finsbury) both of which has been sold. But for some reason, I've just been getting this little Pocket itch recently, and I feel like giving it another go.

I have my eye on a Pocket Malden (again) but this time, in Purple / Ochre / Vintage Pink. I know a store in Melbourne which also sells Finchley's soft jade, mustard, red, chocolate and vintage pink colours, but I don't quite like the fact that they don't have a full length back wallet slot for your cash, etc. The thing is, these organisers are pretty expensive - all around the $100+ mark, and for someone still unsure over whether or not a pocket size will be useful, this is a lot of money. I could always sell it if I don't like it later on, of course, but why take that risk, no?

My last option would be taking on the Kikki K small lilac planner. The one thing I don't particularly like about Kikki K's planner is their secretarial flap where the pockets are located. In my opinion, this is the reason why their organisers end up being absolutely bulky. You can read my full review for the Kikki K Lilac here. Not to mention, they too don't have the full length-back wallet too, and their ring size seems quite tiny.

One thing I've come to realise about buying planners though is that you should always get what you want, and not go halfway, because more often than not, you'll end up buying the one you initially wanted which would mean you've wasted more money than if you waited it out and bought what you wanted in the first place (if that makes sense). But then here comes the next problem: if I were to buy a pocket Malden, which colour would I go for?

On the Peter's of Kensington site, they currently have both the pocket Malden ochre and purple for $126 + $5.50 shipping, which isn't too bad. I was always leaning towards the purple (for some weird reason), but if I were to get myself the ochre, once my A5 Malden arrives from Amazon (if it ever does!), I will have a complete family of Ochre Malden (minus the Mini)! But then again, this too would apply to the Kikki K Lilac collection as I currently have both the Large and Medium planners. But then again, do these families really matter to me? Not quite.

So we're back to square one with the Malden pocket organisers. So guys, should I go with the purple / ochre / vintage pink?

No comments:

Post a Comment