June 14, 2014

Midori Traveler's Notebook Regular vs. Passport Size

I recently got my hands on a passport sized Midori in brown, and so, I thought I'd give a little comparison post between the passport and the regular. But first, let me bombard you with pictures of the passport brown:



Midori Traveler's Notebook - Passport size



On the inside:

Front cover
Front page
Back page: passport like

The pages in the Midori notebook are perforated (which makes it go into my negative books) but I quite like the passport-like detail page that the Midori's notebook holds on the back.

Now comparing the passport to the regular size:

My Midoris
Regular black vs. passport size brown
From the bottom
Height comparison
Tin clasp
The insides

Personally, I have an affinity for the brown a lot more than I do for the black because for one, I realised that the brown scratches easily, making those 'vintage' marks more visible compared to the black. Some may not like this, but personally, I find this the most attractive thing about the Midori notebooks. And for another, its colour matches quite well with my Malden, no?

Passport Midori with my new Malden

The basic difference between the two is obviously the size. But other than that, I've found that the regular size is easier to get notebooks for, whether it may be one that was cut down from an A5 book or purchased from a Midori retailer. Not to mention, the A5 size does seem to have a greater amount of customisable inserts such as card pockets / cases. The regular will also hold more information / photos, no doubt.

The passport on the other hand, well, it's portable. It doesn't make you feel like you're carrying two notebooks when you have your personal sized Filofax with you. You can make your own notebooks for the personal sized Midori too, but it might just need more cutting when using an A6 notebook. I've seen Muji sell passport sized notebooks, which are the exact same size as Midori's very own, however, they don't seem to stock them in Melbourne's store (sad). I'm waiting for them to do so, or else, I'm just going to have to rely on making my own / buying the actual Midori notebook.

So far, that's my take on the different sized Midoris.
I'm not sure what they'll be used for currently, but I'll be sure to update soon (:

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Great post. I was just wondering if the passport midori size is often referred to as the personal midori size?

    ReplyDelete